July 16, 2013

Thanks for 1000(ish) comments!


Well.  I’d say this as good a milestone as any.

One of the things that I value most as a blogger (like anyone else, I’d bet) is getting comments on my posts.  Reaching the thousand-comment mark is proof that I’m doing something right here…though that’s kind of an off-number, considering that I’m responding to virtually every comment.  So technically, I’d wager I’m only at about five hundred comments and five hundred-ish responses.  Then again, the fact that I’m not just talking to myself here has to stand for something.

I can remember a time when I was posting junk with no response from anyone.  I think it was about two months into Cross-Up’s life before I got one comment -- from a guy by the name of DrButler, if I remember correctly (or at least someone using an Arthur avatar).  Nowadays there’s a verifiable stable of regulars that’ll pop in and give their thoughts…not to mention that even now I’m seeing new faces commenting on posts I’d frankly forgotten about, or assumed no one cared about.  Seriously, I got a comment on my Meet the Browns post earlier this month. 


In any case, let me be the first -- and last, I suppose -- to say thanks to all of you that have commented on my blog.  I’ll be sure to keep the content coming, so if you can spare the time, be sure to drop in every now and then.  There’s a pretty good chance you’ll find something you like…and I’ve got some nifty stuff planned for the near-future.

In the meantime, enjoy this semi-adorable picture I made.  Worthy of a wallpaper, yes?  (Well, almost.  Might have to tinker with the dimensions.)

12 comments:

  1. Nice!


    I've almost hit a thousand... spam comments. >___>;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. Now that I think about it, I wonder how many spam comments I've gotten -- I guess they get hidden and shuffled into a spam folder, but...well, now I'm worried I might be opening Pandora's Box if I take a look.


    Whatever the case, keep it up on your end. Spam can never hurt you -- unless you have some sort of crippling yet well-kept secret weakness to the actual meat. In which case, dodge repeatedly until you're out of danger.


    It's the only way. It's the only way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, pal! :)

    my blog's sitting at the 170 mark. Granted, you post FAR more content than me, so it balances out.



    still, great job. keep writing worthwhile stuff and you'll only get more and more visitors and more comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I plan to keep writing. I finished up The Last of Us this past Saturday and...well...let's just say I've got some things to say about that.


    And you keep things going on your end, too. It's like I always say: writing makes the world go round. And by "always" I mean never. And by "never" I mean I should totally start saying that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1000 comments? Congrats, man! I've been meaning to stop by more often. You really do have one of the best blogs out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now if only I could get more people to visit, I'd be set. Who will spread the good word of sauerkraut, if not I? Who, I ask you?!


    But seriously, though, thanks. I aim to please, and it's good to hear you're enjoying my work. Guess that effort's not going to waste anytime soon, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well deserved. As you are excellent about leaving feedback for others, karma rewards. Cross-up is definitely a regular stop for me, and mostly due to this charm. (And the amusing game reviews. That helps too.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "amusing game reviews"


    I've yet to find the amusing game reviews of which you speak. Perhaps you're thinking of a different Cross-Up? There is a popular theory about alternate universes, after all...


    But seriously, though, thanks for this. I'll keep doing what I can on my end, but I know I'm not the only one putting his best foot forward. So it's only natural that I try to reach out to others as well. We're all in this together, you know? Can't build a community unless you take the proper steps. And have the right tools. And presumably, have a sufficiently-sturdy hat.


    There's still a lot more that I need to do, but you can bet I'll be keeping the content coming for your sake, and for others as well. That's what I call bein' a man.


    By the by? New post incoming for The Last of Us. Check back VERY soon for Part 1 of the (dreaded (?)) Let's Discuss post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, congratulations Volt. You've earned those comments with your insightful musings and entertaining postings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I'll be earning a lot more in the future, I hope. There's work to be done, and a battle to be won (across the internet, of course). So I'll be seeing if I can get even more comments in the future. That, and a certified community. Good to see that people are responding to me and my posts, but I'll have to see if there are ways to have readers talk to other readers.


    Buuuuuuuuuut I'll get there when I get there. In any case, thanks for the well-wishes. I'll be sure to keep up the pressure on my end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Congrats! To be able to not only post insightful and informed articles as often as you, but to also provide meaningful feedback to any and practically every comment you get... yours is the blog myself and others can only aspire to write. No seriously, I envy your dedication. It really takes serious drive to do the stuff you're doing.
    Well, drive, and the ability to focus on writing an article without getting bored/frustrated midway and scrapping the entire thing (*sigh*). But I guess that plays into the whole "drive" thing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All things considered, I should probably be thanking you (and by extension anyone else who happens to retroactively stumble upon this reply); it's thanks to people like you that I've got the drive to put out content, and reward those who spend time doing stuff on the internet besides...well, the obvious.


    So yeah, thanks for coming by. I'll be sure to keep up the pressure on my end. Pro tip: I've got a new Let's Discuss post all wrapped up, so checking back on Friday? Yeah. Probably a good idea.


    Wink wink. Nudge nudge. Sparkle sparkle.

    ReplyDelete